RE-volv is a climate justice nonprofit that helps nonprofits in underserved communities across the country go solar, while raising awareness about equitable climate solutions, and training the next generation of clean energy leaders. At RE-volv, we work to provide access to solar energy to nonprofits in the country that serve disadvantaged communities that otherwise could not go solar, while training the next generation of solar energy leaders in the process.
Want to help? Explore our job openings below and apply to join the team! We look forward to working with you to spread solar and bring the benefits of clean energy to nonprofits in communities that need it most.Job Openings
Primary Location: Remote (Reporting to San Francisco, CA)
Reports To: Executive Director
Application Deadline: 02/10/2023
The Development Director Role
RE-volv seeks an experienced and highly motivated Development Director. This is an exciting opportunity for a professional who has managed successful long-term fundraising efforts, with an emphasis on foundations, corporations, and major donors. The Development Director will lead RE-volv’s fundraising program, managing and executing on all aspects of RE-volv’s fund development strategy to raise our $2M+ and growing budget. The right candidate will have a strong background in clean energy, environmental and climate justice solutions, great management skills, a creative spark, attention to detail, and excellent writing skills.
RE-volv is a nonprofit climate justice organization that helps community-based nonprofits around the country go solar. While doing so, we educate community members about the benefits of clean energy, and train the next generation of clean energy leaders. RE-volv empowers communities by providing the upfront costs of installing solar energy systems to local nonprofits, allowing them to immediately save on their electricity costs. This innovative solar financing model allows nonprofits to better use those dollars towards serving their community. With each nonprofit solar project, RE-volv aims to engage and benefit as many people as possible and in doing so, help change the climate and clean energy narrative in America.
RE-volv is a U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Innovation Network awardee, an inaugural member of the White House National Community Solar Partnership, and winner of the OpenIDEO Climate Innovation Fellowship.
This is a full-time position which can be done from our San Francisco office or remotely. It requires creativity, independence, collaboration, and initiative. Compensation includes an annual salary commensurate with experience, benefits, and generous paid time off. RE-volv also provides the last Friday of every month off for personal care, which we call RE-charge Days. RE-volv allows flexible work hours and is committed to supporting a good work-life balance. Position starts as soon as possible.
- Develop and spearhead annual and long-term fundraising strategies in collaboration with ED
- Research grantmakers and maintain up-to-date database of potential funding sources
- Write letters of inquiry and grant proposals to corporate, foundation, and government funders
- Research potential major gift donors and manage solicitation efforts
- Work with ED to develop and maintain relationships with donors and grantmakers
- Support Board of Directors in donor outreach strategy
- Develop donor stewardship materials and appeals
- Track and manage incoming donations; maintain donor database in Salesforce
- Schedule and organize donor cultivation events
- Manage grant reporting process
- Be a collaborative member of a small team working to achieve RE-volv’s mission
Skills and Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience fundraising, cultivating donor relationships, and grant-writing required
- Proven track record of individually leading significant fundraising efforts
- Experience devising & managing a successful annual fundraising strategy to meet budget goals
- Experience fundraising from major gift donors, foundation, government, and corporate supporters
- Experience managing donor/subscriber information and grant applications in Salesforce
- Deep understanding of the clean energy and climate justice funding landscape
- Extremely well organized and good at planning and meeting deadlines over long time horizons
- Exceptional writing skills; ability to clearly, concisely, and compellingly communicate with various audiences
- Comfortable presenting to large and small audiences
- Ability to self-manage deadlines and tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting renewable energy, mitigating climate change, and building an equitable and sustainable society
RE-volv is strongly committed to equality of opportunity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veterans status, genetics or other protected category. We endeavor to build a workplace environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone. Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter detailing relevant experience, salary requirements, and interest in the position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is February 10th. All applications will be reviewed at that time. Please write “Development Director Application - Last Name, First Name” in the subject line. No calls, please.
Work that makes a difference
RE-volv empowers people to bring clean energy to their communities. We envision a world where people are thriving in communities powered by clean energy.
What it's like to work at RE-volv
In order to create a more sustainable, equitable world, we have to take good care of ourselves and our health. RE-volv provides full health care coverage for our employees with the ability to cover loved ones as well.
Being a changemaker is hard work. Personal care goes a long way to help us stay on top of our game. That's why every last Friday of the month, RE-volv employees get a "RE-charge Day" to rest, relax, unwind, and recharge their batteries for the month ahead.
We're not getting any younger, amirite? To make sure we have an eye on our future years, RE-volv puts 3% of your salary, on top of what you make, into a retirement account for you, with a sustainable investment fund where you get to pick how your retirement savings is invested. You can also elect to put a portion of your pre-tax salary into your retirement savings on top of RE-volv's contribution.
We believe that the most fulfilling jobs are the ones where we are constantly learning and growing. Each RE-volv employee gets an annual professional development budget so you can take that course, attend that conference, and develop the skills you need for this role and the next.
Generous time off
We believe that the more time we have off to do whatever makes us happy contributes to our well-being as well as to that of the organization. In addition to one RE-charge Day per month, RE-volv has every federal holiday off, as well as International Workers' Day (May 1st), the day before and after Thanksgiving, and is closed during the holiday season from Christmas Eve to the day after New Year's Day. In addition, RE-volv employees accrue 18 days of paid-time off in the first year, which increases over time. We also prioritize taking good care of new Mommies and Daddies!
Become a Volunteer
As a RE-volv Solar Ambassador, you’ll spearhead a solar project for a local nonprofit in your community while engaging and educating the community about the importance of solar energy. RE-volv trains Solar Ambassadors in everything they need to know to bring solar energy to a local nonprofit while providing solar professional development training.Learn more about being a Community Champion