RE-volv Employment Opportunity
Open Position: Solar Account Manager
Primary Location: Downtown San Francisco, CA
Reports To: Senior Solar Program Manager
Application Deadline: Open until filled
RE-volv Mission: RE-volv empowers people and communities to invest collectively in renewable energy.
RE-volv is a lean nonprofit social enterprise focused on fighting climate change by accelerating the adoption of clean energy in local communities. RE-volv empowers communities by financing the upfront costs of installing solar energy systems at local nonprofits. Through an innovative solar financing model, these nonprofits immediately save on their electricity costs, while the remaining revenue from their solar assets contributes to a revolving fund, which helps to pay for the next nonprofit’s solar system – a first-of-its-kind pay-it-forward model for renewable energy financing. Through the process, RE-volv’s primary goal is to engage as many people as possible in building the clean energy economy.
RE-volv has received numerous awards, including a Business Innovation Award from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Sunshot Initiative, is an inaugural member of the White House National Community Solar Partnership, and winner of the OpenIDEO Climate Innovation Fellowship. RE-volv receives generous support from the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, U.S. Department of Energy’s Sunshot Initiative, the 11th Hour Project of the Schmidt Family Foundation, and many others.
The Solar Account Manager Role
RE-volv is at an exciting moment in the life of the organization. With 24 nonprofit solar leases signed in 8 states, RE-volv has proven that our model works, that there’s an enormous demand for our services, and that the opportunity to scale is massive. In order to bring solar energy to nonprofits in communities across the country, and empower millions of Americans in the process, we’re going to have to continue to grow our pipeline of projects. Your role on the Solar Program team will be to lead the effort in building relationships with local nonprofits and helping them navigate the decision-making process to go solar.
This is a full time position in our San Francisco office in the Financial District. This is a high impact position, requiring creativity, independence, collaboration and initiative. Compensation includes an annual salary commensurate with experience, benefits, and generous paid time off. RE-volv also provides the last Friday of every month off for personal care, which we call RE-charge Days. RE-volv allows flexible work hours and is committed to supporting a good work-life balance. Position starts as soon as possible.
· Manage RE-volv’s pipeline of nonprofit leads interested in exploring solar financing
· Conduct discovery calls, proposal walkthroughs, and facilitate the solar education process with nonprofit leaders
· Work closely with Senior Solar Program Manager to sign solar leases and PPAs with nonprofit clients
· Manage nonprofit accounts and provide excellent customer service to active clients
· Work with Solar Ambassador Program Manager to train volunteers on account management best practices
· Work with Solar Ambassador volunteers to coordinate ongoing relationships with leads
· Develop channel partnerships with synergistic nonprofits
· Represent RE-volv in the community by speaking and tabling at events
· Support contract negotiations between clients and RE-volv’s legal advisors
· Support RE-volv teammates as needed
· Additional duties and responsibilities as needed
· 3-5 years of account management and/or commercial sales experience
· A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in renewable energy, solar experience preferred
· Preferred: commercial solar sales experience
· Excellent written and communication skills
· Proficiency with managing sales process through Salesforce
· Passion for the environment, renewable energy, and community empowerment
How to Apply
No calls, please.
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter detailing relevant experience, salary requirements, and interest in the position via email to email@example.com. Please write “Solar Account Manager” in the subject line.