We believe that everyone should have the ability to support and spread clean energy. So we created a new way for people to take action. It's a pretty simple idea. We crowdsource funding to put solar panels on community-serving nonprofit organizations. As these organizations pay us back, we reinvest the money into more solar projects in communities across the country.
Help us spread solar and bring the benefits of clean energy to communities that need it most.
Want to help? Explore our job openings below and join the team.Job Openings
Report Writer Internship
Primary Location: Downtown San Francisco CA
Reports To: Senior Marketing and Communications Manager
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Description of Position
RE-volv is looking for a passionate and mission-driven individual with excellent writing and analysis skills to join our small, but mighty team. This is a 2-3 month volunteer position, working 15-20 hours a week. Work hours are flexible and you have the option of working remotely a portion of the time.
The Report Writer Intern will work with the Senior Marketing and Communications Manager to write a comprehensive report about the impact of our work with nonprofits.
- Analyzing spreadsheet data
- Conducting in-person or phone interviews with nonprofits
- Collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data from nonprofits
- Report writing
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Report writing experience
- Basic understanding of renewable energy and climate solutions
- Passion for the environment, renewable energy, and community empowerment
What you'll get:
- Professional mentorship and development
- Opportunities to learn about solar finance, crowdfunding, nonprofit work, communications, filmmaking etc.
- Opportunities to network with professionals in the nonprofit and clean energy industries
- Letter of recommendation at end of the internship
- To work with an incredibly supportive, passionate and friendly group of people trying to change the world
Interest in Applying?
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter detailing your relevant experience and interest in the position via email to email@example.com. Please write “Report Writing Internship” in the subject line. No calls, please.
More About RE-volv
To date, we have crowdfunded nearly half a million dollars in donations from people in 38 states and 22 countries for 16 solar projects in 6 states. RE-volv’s main goal is to empower as many people as possible to bring clean energy to their communities.
RE-volv has received numerous awards, including a Business Innovation Award from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Sunshot Initiative, is an inaugural member of the White House National Community Solar Partnership, and winner of the OpenIDEO Climate Innovation Fellowship. RE-volv receives generous support from the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, U.S. Department of Energy’s Sunshot Initiative, the 11th Hour Project of the Schmidt Family Foundation, and many others.
Work that makes a difference
RE-volv empowers people to bring clean energy to their communities. We envision a world where people are thriving in communities powered by clean energy
What it's like to work at RE-volv
Comprehensive Health Plan
Learning and development
Save for retirement
Generous time off
Become a Volunteer
As a RE-volv Solar Ambassador Community Champion, you will spearhead a local solar project from start to finish. Don’t know much about solar? Not to worry. RE-volv will train you on everything you need to know to run a successful solar crowdfunding campaign and make a mark on your community.Learn more about being a Community Champion